Eager to work for a world-leading industry which empowers Europe’s sustainable electrification and digitalisation?
Europacable, the voice of Europe’s leading wire and cable manufacturers, is looking for a motivated, self-driven full-time Junior Public Affairs Officer to join its Brussels team latest as of January 2022. Energy, industry and telecommunication cables will be the core backbone of Europe´s ever more digitalised and electrified future. Europacable is proud to represent the world´s leading wire and cable manufacturers in Brussels working on cutting edge topics to push forward Europe’s decarbonisation and digitalisation in a sustainable manner.
Join us to electrify and connect Europe!
The Europacable Junior Public Affairs Officer will be responsible to support the development and implementation of Europacable strategy in the areas of decarbonisation, digitalisation and sustainability in close cooperation with the Brussels team and Europacable Member Companies.
- Place: Europacable Offices, Brussels, Belgium
- Duration: Open-ended, full-time
- Starting date: 1st January 2022 or earlier
Main Activities – The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor EU policy developments in the areas of decarbonisation, digitalisation and sustainability
- Prepare policy papers and develop Europacable positions on key areas
- Plan advocacy activities, events and implement lobbying strategies
- Support Europacable Teams and liaise with Europacable Member Companies from across Europe
- Connect with external partners and key stakeholders
- Support day-to-day administration of the Association and its internal and external communication
Profile – The successful candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in EU affairs in a relevant EU Institution, consultancy or inhouse public affairs function
- Profound understanding of EU institutions’ policy making process, preferably in EU environmental, energy or telecoms policies
- Openness to explore, learn and contribute to new policy issues relevant to the industry
- Strong communication skills, including digital and social media management
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English, fluency in at least another EU language and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative in a small, dedicated team
- Experience to operate smoothly in an international and multicultural environment
- An entrepreneurial outlook and solution-oriented attitude, able to prioritise and strong networker
Interested candidates should submit their applications in English. Please include your CV, cover letter including expected salary and at least two reference contacts. The application should be sent per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be processed until a suitable candidate is found.
All applications received will treated with utmost confidentiality.
To download this document please click HERE